Some Press Samples
Fall Makeup Look of the Day
Back again with another fall makeup 2016 look for you guys featuring some of my favorite long-wearing makeup products! This look was originally shared on Instagram, so make sure to follow me there if you want to be one of the first to see the products and looks I discuss.
I had a press event this past weekend in NYC and wanted to wear something with a bit of glamour to it, but toned down enough that it wasn't out of place with the event I was attending. I chose one of my absolute favorite glitters (Lit Cosmetics Champagne Wishes), contoured my eye with a soft, smoky crease and threw on a pair of my favorite lashes.
I kept blush/contour/highlight soft and natural.
Now here's where things get a bit more interesting. I had to leave at 4 am and didn't return home until close to midnight, which meant I started applying my makeup shortly after 3 am and it had to last. I pulled out all of the MUA tricks I've learned and discovered over the years to make this as long-wearing as possible and I'm happy to report that the photos above were taken at the 12 hour mark around 4 pm with no touch-ups. When we finally got home around midnight my makeup was still completely in tact--major win! I'm happy to share some of my tricks of the trade if you guys are ever interested.
The pictures above were taken in natural light on a super overcast, rainy down (Oh, did I mention this face went through 30+ mph gusts of wind and some rain?) and has not been edited to alter the look of the products or their performance.
I've linked the products below and none of them include affiliate links, but I'd appreciate it if you let the brands know that you saw their products here if my post inspires you to purchase! I'm happy to be able to share some of my honest favorites with you guys. :)
Face Products Used
- Whip Hand Cosmetics Set the Stage Primer (they're currently undergoing a revamp so I'm not sure if/how this will make its return, but it has always been holy grail to me for myself and my kit, so let's hope it's back!)
- RCMA Highlight/Contour Palette
- Dermacolor Foundation (various shades mixed to match)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush in #210
- Ellis Faas Glow Up in S501
- Skindinavia Setting Spray
- RCMA No-Color Power
Eye Products Used
- MAC Select Cover-Up (even out eye space)
- Inglot Duraline mixed with...
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Stormy Pink (prep lids)
- Maqpro Al1 corrector/lip/cheek palette (color correct under-eye)
- Viseart Matte 01 (multiple shades)
- Lit Cosmetics Champagne Wishes (adhered with water-resistant glitter base)
- MUFE Aqua XL liner in M-10
- Ardell Demi Wispies
Lip Products Used
That's it guys! Hopefully I've given you some new makeup look ideas and introduced you to some of my favorite products. I'm scoping out some new things, so keep your eyes peeled for more looks to come featuring some new products!
What's your favorite go-to trick for getting all-day wear out of your favorite fall makeup look?
Note: Some of the products used in this look may have been provided by PR/the brand. All opinions are my own.