Sugarpill, one of my all-time favorite indie cosmetic brands, sells an amazing array of loose and pressed shadows. I first came across Sugarpill in their first year and I'm so glad I did. They instantly became one of my favorite bright shadow brands and have maintained this position ever since--you've probably noticed I regularly use sugarpill in tutorials.
I admittedly own a decent amount of Sugarpill as a result--and still need to get my hands on Sparkle Baby and the pro palette along with the new brushes. I realized that I haven't swatched half of what I own over the years for you, despite regularly using Sugarpill in tutorials. I thought it might be helpful if I swatched everything I own and put the swatches in one place in case you're interested in trying Sugarpill for the first time.
Everything was swatched on bare skin without primer and nothing was foiled. While I absolutely recommend foiling Sugarpill Chromalusts (their loose shadows) and applying the pressed powders over a good primer, which is how I tend to use them, you can use both the pressed shadows and Chromalusts any way you like.
Sugarpill Birthday Sale Information
Date: February 17th from 12am to midnight PST
Details: 20% off applied in shopping carts (no promo code necessary). Discount does not apply to new releases.
Sugarpill Chromalust Swatches - Absinthe, Darling, Goldilux, Hysteric, Lumi, Magentric, Royal Sugar, Smitten, Starling, Tiara, Tipsy
Sugarpill Chromalusts are gorgeous, multidimensional loose shadows that I personally think work best when foiled (I usually use a mixing medium like MAC's water-based mixing medium). Smitten is limited edition so it will not be on sale in the Birthday Sale, but since it's limited I wanted to include a swatch as it's back on sale as of the time of this post.
These retail for $12 (they will be 20% off on the 17th)
|Sugarpill Absinthe - lime green with gold shimmer|
|Sugarpill Darling - medium teal with aqua flecks (it is brighter when put over a light base as opposed to bare skin)|
|Sugarpill Goldilux - extremely gorgeous metallic brassy gold|
|Sugarpill Hysteric - metallic purple|
|Sugarpill Lumi - the most magical aqua shimmer that layers beautifully over anything and everything|
|Sugarpill Magentric - slightly plum-toned metallic magenta|
|Sugarpill Royal Sugar (newer formula) - gorgeous electric blue with aqua sparks|
|Sugarpill Smitten - hot watermon-y magenta with sparks|
|Sugarpill Starling - blue jeans blue with green shimmer (this may be discontinued, I couldn't find it on the site)|
|Sugarpill Tiara - steely metallic silver|
|Sugarpill Tipsy - bright grass-green with plenty of sparks|
Sugarpill Pressed Shadow Swatches - Afterparty, Bulletproof, Buttercupcake, Dollipop, Flamepoint, Love+, Midori, Mochi, Poison Plum, Tako
Sugarpill's pressed shadows are fantastic! The majority of them are completely matte and some are somewhat satin-y. They blend well, are extremely pigmented and the range of colors is amazing. I absolutely adore these!
These retail for $12 (these will be 20% off on the 17th)
|Sugarpill Afterparty - bright satin-y medium blue|
|Sugarpill Bulletproof - extremely black with a slightly satin finish when packed on|
|Sugarpill Buttercupcake - bright matte yellow|
|Sugarpill Dollipop - bright matte pink (one of my all-time favorite pinks)|
|Sugarpill Flamepoint - bright matte orange|
|Sugarpill Love+ - bright primary red|
|Sugarpill Midori - slightly satin green|
|Sugarpill Mochi - matte muted seafoam green (this swatches noticeably darker on me than it does on those with fairer skin)|
|Sugarpill Poison Plum - semi-satin vibrant eggplant purple|
|Sugarpill Tako - matte white (fabulous white shadow)|
I have to be honest, I would re-buy (and have for some already) all of the shades above! But if I absolutely had to narrow it down to a list of must-have pressed shadows and Chromalusts I'd have to say the following would make the cut.
- Absinthe Chromalust - if you love bright acid greens this is absolutely a must. It was one of my first chromalusts and it's still a favorite
- Lumi Chromalust - another one of my first Sugarpill loves and it is phenomenal. I pat it over everything--so good!
- Goldilux Chromalust - this is by far one of the most stunning golds I've ever owned. It's unique enough that even though I own a ton of gold shadows this is still one I reach for and have bought more than once.
- Royal Sugar Chromalust - such an absolutely amazing blue and the new formula is definitely a little bit easier to work with. I had the original formula and repurchased the recently released, slightly tweaked new formula.
- Afterparty Pressed Shadow - this is a phenomenal blue that is great to work with and unique even compared to the billions of blues I own.
- Dollipop Pressed Shadow- one of my all-time favorite pink shadows! I am super picky about pink shadows and this one never lets me down. It is a must if you love pink shadows.
- Bulletproof Pressed Shadow - it can be so hard to find nice black shadows and this is definitely a must. It is insanely pigmented and super deep-buy it!
- Love+ Pressed Shadow - red shadows can be super hard to find. This is a true red that does not disappoint.
- Poison Plum Pressed Shadow - this is such a lovely and unique shade of purple--super pigmented and easy to work with. Definitely a must and one I regularly reach for.
BeautyPopStop Sugarpill Wishlist
While I certainly have a decent amount of Sugarpill shadows, I still have some things on my list of must-haves! Some of the items below have not yet been released and/or will not be included in the sale, but I thought it would be fun to share my wishlist anyway.